Installing Java on your PC
It is recommended, before you proceed with online installation you may want to disable your Internet firewall. In some cases the default firewall settings are set to reject all automatic or online installations such as the Java online installation. If the firewall is not configured appropriately it may stall the download/install operation of Java under certain conditions. Refer to your specific Internet firewall manual for instructions on how to disable your Internet Firewall.
NOTE: You may need to restart (close and re-open) your browser to enable the Java installation in your browser.
- Click here to download and install the latest version of Java.
- The File Download dialog box appears prompting you to run or save the download file
- To run the installer, click Run.
- To save the file for later installation, click Save.
Choose the folder location and save the file to your local system.
Tip: Save the file to a known location on your computer, for example, to your desktop.
Double-click on the saved file to start the installation process.
- The installation process starts. Click the Install button to accept the license terms and to continue with the installation.
Oracle has partnered with companies that offer various products. The installer may present you with option to install these programs when you install Java. After ensuring that the desired programs are selected, click the Next button to continue the installation.
- A few brief dialogs confirm the last steps of the installation process; click Close on the last dialog.
- This will complete Java installation process.
© 2010 SportsOptions, All Rights Reserved SportsOptions.com is an information site to be used for entertainment purposes only.
SportsOptions DOES NOT accept, place or endorse wagering of any kind.